Want to be good to your heart? Make it work. The American Heart Association says you don’t need to run marathons to get the heart healthy benefits of exercise. Just walking will do the trick. Here’s how:
- Walking is the simplest way to start and continue a fitness journey.
- Walking costs nothing.
- Walking has the lowest dropout rate of any type of exercise.
- Walking is easy and safe.
- Studies show that for every hour of walking, life expectancy may increase by two hours.
- Walking for as few as 30 minutes per day provides heart-health benefits.
- Walking is the single most effective form of exercise to achieve heart health.
What will you do this month to become more active? Start walking your kids or grandkids to school? Walk the dog? Call up a friend and plan a walking date instead of a coffee-andmuffin date?
Visit www.HealthMart.com to learn more about heart health.